INFORMATION ABOUT UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education (BSME)
Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education (BSME) is designed for undergraduates and recent graduates interested in the learning and teaching of secondary mathematics. BSME was conceived by the founders of Budapest Semesters in Mathematics (BSM), and the two programs share a common goal--to experience the mathematical and general culture of Hungary. BSME is specifically intended for students who are not only passionate about mathematics, but also the teaching of mathematics.
- Spend a semester in Budapest and learn from Hungarian teacher scholars.
- Study the Hungarian approach to learning and teaching, based on problem solving, mathematical creativity, and communication.
- Explore the city of Budapest, located on the Danube River, with its abundant cultural offerings and beautiful historical sights.
Applications are currently being accepted for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early.
A 6-week summer 2019 program called Summer@BSME is also available (deadline March 1, 2019). However, they expect to fill up quickly, so early application is encouraged.
National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath)
Are you a college student looking for something fun and rewarding to do? MoMath offers volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Learn valuable job skills, improve your communication ability and interpersonal skills, and explore mathematical concepts -- plus, have a great time meeting new and interesting people, including top members of the mathematical community. Check their website at volunteers.momath.org.
The Horizons Fellowship
- Currently enrolled in (or recently graduated) an undergrad or graduate university program
- Submission of resume and standardized test scores on www.joinhorizons.com
- Series of fit and logic interviews
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis