INFORMATION ABOUT UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education (BSME)
Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education (BSME) is designed for undergraduates and recent graduates interested in the learning and teaching of secondary mathematics. BSME was conceived by the founders of Budapest Semesters in Mathematics (BSM), and the two programs share a common goal--to experience the mathematical and general culture of Hungary. BSME is specifically intended for students who are not only passionate about mathematics, but also the teaching of mathematics.
- Spend a semester in Budapest and learn from Hungarian teacher scholars.
- Study the Hungarian approach to learning and teaching, based on problem solving, mathematical creativity, and communication.
- Explore the city of Budapest, located on the Danube River, with its abundant cultural offerings and beautiful historical sights.
The Spring 2020 semester deadline is November 1, 2019, but they are accepting applications now. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so apply early.
National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath)
Are you a college student looking for something fun and rewarding to do? MoMath offers volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Learn valuable job skills, improve your communication ability and interpersonal skills, and explore mathematical concepts -- plus, have a great time meeting new and interesting people, including top members of the mathematical community. Check their website at volunteers.momath.org.
The Horizons Fellowship
The Horizons School of Technology supports 55 outstanding university students in their pursuit to become leaders in technology. Our tuition-free programs provide immersive software engineering and web/mobile development courses geared towards high-achieving college students. Students need not have a computer science background! Our curriculum, developed by ex-Salesforce and Optimizely engineers alongside PhD candidates in computer science, is designed to teach students how to build web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Currently enrolled in (or recently graduated) an undergrad or graduate university program
- Submission of resume and standardized test scores on www.joinhorizons.com
- Series of fit and logic interviews
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis