Room assignments for new First Year, Transfer, and Visiting students will be sent out via Barnard email addresses by August 8.
Note: students must complete all of the enrollment forms provided by the Admissions office (especially the Health Forms) and pay their Fall bursar bill in full (or set up a payment plan) in order to move in for the start of the semester.
Information For New Students
- Why Live on Campus?
- Housing Applications & Room Assignments
- What to Bring (and what to leave at home)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I live on campus?
- How do I apply for housing?
- How are rooms & roommates assigned? Will I have a roommate?
- What if I don't get along with my roommate?
- How much does it cost to live on-campus?
- What is the First Year Focus Program?
- When will I get my room and/or roommate assignment?
- When do I move in?
- What does my room come with?
- What should I bring? What is not allowed in my room?
- What if something is broken in my room?
- How do I receive mail or packages?
- How do I connect to the Internet?
- Can I get cable TV in my room?
- Where can I do my laundry?
- Where can I rent a refrigerator from?
If you have questions about living in campus housing that are not answered on our website, please let us know!