Mathematics and Computer Science Help Room Schedules
MATH HELP ROOM OPEN
333 Milbank Hall for help with College Algebra, Calculus I, II, and III
(406 Mathematics Building for all other courses.)
Opening date and meeting times will be posted soon
333B Milbank Hall for Barnard students interested in computer science
Math Help Room Tutors
We're happy to hear from new tutors. All tutors must have completed Calculus I-III or equivalent and performed well--about a B or above. Contact Annaliese Grant at email@example.com
Computer Science Help Room Tutors
We're happy to hear from new tutors for introduction to Java courses and/or help with Python. Contact Zeynep Ejder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia University Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Help Room
There is an applied mathematics help room run by SIAM
Math Tutors Needed - Peer-to-Peer Learning Programs
Apply to be a Peer Tutor
The Barnard Dean of Studies (DOS) Office and the Academic Success and Enrichment Program (ASEP) are seeking Barnard sophomores, juniors, or seniors to serve as tutors in our Peer-to-Peer Learning programs. DOS and ASEP Peer Tutors are paid $15/hour, for an average of two to four hours per week, to meet individually or in small groups (no more than three students) with fellow students who have requested a tutor for support in a particular class. Tutors are also paid for approximately one hour per month of training/in-service.
Subjects where tutors are most in demand include: Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, and Foreign Language, but other subjects may also be needed depending on student requests, so you are encouraged to apply even if the subject you want to tutor does not appear on this list.
- Successful completion of the Barnard course(s) (or equivalent) for which you are applying to tutor
- Empathy, patience, clarity, and kindness
- Commitment to academic integrity
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status
- Experience as a peer tutor preferred but not required
To apply to be a Peer-to-Peer Learning Tutor:
1. Apply at NACElink ID#21762
2. Fill out this form.
3. Make an appointment for an interview. You may meet with either Rebecca Grabiner, First-Year Class Dean & Dean for Academic Assistance or Elida Martinez-Gaynor, Associate Director of Collegiate Programs.
Questions? Email email@example.com